El Hadji Malick Diouf

El Hadji Malick Diouf

My brain only thinks how much was Sangare and how much is this this guy. And the gap in quality.

One already changed the team and the players around him. The other one might be just a back up

Players are worth what people will buy and sell for at that particular point in time, it doesn’t mean one is twice as good as the other because he cost twice as much

That would make Trent AA as good as me because neither of us has ever attracted a transfer fee.


I genuinely don’t know what the gap in quality is as I have barely seen this bloke play
 

El Hadji Malick Diouf

El Hadji Malick Diouf

He was pinging some balls into the net in the warm up at Leeds, looks to have a bloody good finish for a full back!
Callum Wilson said, in an interview after we signed Malick, that his crosses always seemed to be great deliveries, or words to that effect.
 

El Hadji Malick Diouf

Put in a couple of decent crosses.
They were more than decent! When he gets tuned in and our attackers get into the positions he can target.
 

El Hadji Malick Diouf

That’s an interesting thought. Would that be instead of Jaidon/Dango or swapping with them?
Anthony is a right footed winger playing on the right so maybe swap with Kev. Only problem is (and I'm not good enough to work out why) they seem to want Kev in that inside left channel close to Igor
 

El Hadji Malick Diouf

Surely a case for switching Kev to the right if delivery like that will be coming in from the left.
I wrote elsewhere that he, with Anthony on the right, both firing in crosses would allow Schade and Thiago to play closer together. When Diouf and Ouattara came on, Dango started on the left with Kevin on the right. Not necessarily as a core starting formation but in-game switching in Keith's chaos theory.
 

El Hadji Malick Diouf

Anthony is a right footed winger playing on the right so maybe swap with Kev. Only problem is (and I'm not good enough to work out why) they seem to want Kev in that inside left channel close to Igor
He doesn’t necessarily need to swap wings to get a lot narrower and more central. He can effectively make a central pairing with IT
 

El Hadji Malick Diouf

He doesn’t necessarily need to swap wings to get a lot narrower and more central. He can effectively make a central pairing with IT
I think though that he'd be better as the second attacker so beyond Igor.
 

El Hadji Malick Diouf

I think though that he'd be better as the second attacker so beyond Igor.
That makes sense. Effectively we would be playing without a dedicated left winger and alternate between Anthony and Outtara on the right … and then there’s KLP to throw in the mix. We’ve - or rather Keith has - plenty of choices to make.
 

El Hadji Malick Diouf

That makes sense. Effectively we would be playing without a dedicated left winger and alternate between Anthony and Outtara on the right … and then there’s KLP to throw in the mix. We’ve - or rather Keith has - plenty of choices to make.
It would end up like a 3-5-2

Right winger would provide the alternative width to Diouf on the right from a deeper starting position and the RB would tuck in to provide cover when the back line moves across to cover the advancing Diouf. Both Dango and KLP would perform that role well.
 

El Hadji Malick Diouf

New song for him today.
Couldn’t catch all the words.
Can anyone enlighten me/us ?
The way you move, the way you play for Brentford
You're on the wing, together with Schade
We're on the piss, we're gonna win the league
We love you malick, just the way you are
Malick diouf dudu dudududu
 

El Hadji Malick Diouf

Did ok when he was on. Little slip up near the end not sure if he tripped on the ball or what but has a decent cross on him
 

El Hadji Malick Diouf

I would like to see KLP on the right, this would help out Kayode/Hickey where we are struggling against fast wingers, Schade on left with EHD at left back.
I'd rather have KLP in the starting 11 than Dango or Anthony so I think there's a good case for this, assuming Diouf is going to be a regular.
 

El Hadji Malick Diouf

Imagine Diouf will start tomorrow at Reading, so we'll get a better look at him in our system.
 

El Hadji Malick Diouf

Imagine Diouf will start tomorrow at Reading, so we'll get a better look at him in our system.
I expect so but how do we fit him and Rico into the team as they both need minutes. I’d also play KLP on the wing.
 

El Hadji Malick Diouf

I expect so but how do we fit him and Rico into the team as they both need minutes. I’d also play KLP on the wing.
I imagine Diouf will play an hour and Rico maybe half an hour off the bench. It’s a shame for Rico but you’ve got to prioritise the player who has potential to get serious minutes in the Premier League. Playing Diouf out of position to force minutes for our 3rd choice left back doesn’t really do anyone any favours other than Rico himself.
 

El Hadji Malick Diouf

I imagine Diouf will play an hour and Rico maybe half an hour off the bench. It’s a shame for Rico but you’ve got to prioritise the player who has potential to get serious minutes in the Premier League.
In terms of selection (although selection must be on the basis of winning the game), getting Diouf familiarised with what we expect from him in our specific style of play is probably the most important thing in terms of using this game for secondary reasons.
 

El Hadji Malick Diouf

Not afraid of a shot, I think he will score a thunderbastard before the season is over. Was very wayward last night though
 

El Hadji Malick Diouf

He didn't really figure for West Ham at the start of the season so needs some game time to get some match rhythm, but don't see him displacing KLP currently. The international break should be beneficial for him getting some much needed minutes for Senegal.
 

El Hadji Malick Diouf

Man’s got some big shoulders doesn’t he? My mates and I thought he had shoulder pads like in NFL under the top 😂
 

El Hadji Malick Diouf

I didnt even realise he came on until I watched MOTD just now , no ones mentioned him ? How did he do ?
 

El Hadji Malick Diouf

I didnt even realise he came on until I watched MOTD just now , no ones mentioned him ? How did he do ?
Only time I noticed him was when a corner was cleared by Chelsea and fell to him at volley height, and he very conspicuously chose to recycle possession instead of wildly swinging at it like he did a few times at Reading. Wonder if Keith had a gentle word…
 

El Hadji Malick Diouf

Only time I noticed him was when a corner was cleared by Chelsea and fell to him at volley height, and he very conspicuously chose to recycle possession instead of wildly swinging at it like he did a few times at Reading. Wonder if Keith had a gentle word…
Yes that was a good decision tbf
 

El Hadji Malick Diouf

Played the full game today in Mozambique. No more info from the Beeb except that he didn't get carded.
Nicolas Jackson opens the scoring for Senegal, but Geny Catamo snatches an equalizer for Mozambique in the first half; in the second half, neither team creates clear-cut chances, and the match ends scoreless.
A few references to Malick in the text (Vavel.com) including:
Lamine Camara sets up the play and passes to El Hadji Malick Diouf. The left-back tries a right-footed shot from inside the box, but the ball slams into the Mozambique defense (sic).
 
Back
Top Bottom