Ji-soo Kim

Ji-soo Kim

JSK is a Premier League player. He's played many senior games in South Korea and Germany already despite being just 21 years old.
He's been called up by his country at senior level. I don't think we'd need to worry about him coming into the fold.

1788781532674.png
 

Ji-soo Kim

Ajer can be risked, otherwise lets just tell him not to come into training
Don’t think it’s unreasonable to be nervous about the idea of our only remaining centre back with more than 1 PL appearance playing 3 games in 6 days, especially given his injury record and the prospect of facing an in-form Chelsea attack.

It’s true what you say about Kim though. Not put a foot wrong in the bafflingly few opportunities he’s had. Hope he gets another next Tuesday.
 

Ji-soo Kim

I do not suppose Ji Soo has been messing about putting cones on his head and putting deep heat in players pants . I am excited to see him in action.
 

Ji-soo Kim

He looked very assured in the B-team game last week, I know not the same standard as a full on Premier League game but still. As others have commented, we have these other centre back options and Collins/Sepp/Ajer are not going to be fit all season, squad depth and all that. He will be on the bench vs Bournemouth and start at Reading for sure
 

Ji-soo Kim

He looked very assured in the B-team game last week, I know not the same standard as a full on Premier League game but still. As others have commented, we have these other centre back options and Collins/Sepp/Ajer are not going to be fit all season, squad depth and all that. He will be on the bench vs Bournemouth and start at Reading for sure
Looking forward to seeing him play again. He’s in the squad for a reason, otherwise why was EP allowed to leave? I bet he’s looking forward to the next week too.
 

Ji-soo Kim

Ji-soo Kim

Yes I think it means he's definitely not seen as PL-ready, and while it might have been nice for him to get some minutes in the cup it probably wasn't worth denying him the chance to go and have a month with his (u23) national team for the sake of a bench or cameo appearance at Reading.
 

Ji-soo Kim

I guess the club wouldnt let him go if he was going to possibly needed ? Saying that we are only a game or two away from a scheduled Ajer injury #glass
 

Ji-soo Kim

Collins and/or Sepp must be closer than we all thought I guess. If not we are at proper bare bones at centre back for three games in 6 days!
 

Ji-soo Kim

Don't think we can say he can't go can we?
It's difficult though because it's one thing stopping an established and critical palyer going to a fairly non-elite competition e.g. nations league

and another thing stopping a young player from having that experience. I think if we were to say no, you'd have to justify it by promising some sort of inclusion.

Having said that, with Romelle seemingly excelling at Sheff Utd, and Kim already having Bundesliga 2 experience, I'd trust him to be more than capable against Reading, no disrespect to them
 

Ji-soo Kim

Collins and/or Sepp must be closer than we all thought I guess. If not we are at proper bare bones at centre back for three games in 6 days!
Unlikely. Very unlikely. We just have to get through the next 3 matches.
 

Ji-soo Kim

It's difficult though because it's one thing stopping an established and critical palyer going to a fairly non-elite competition e.g. nations league

and another thing stopping a young player from having that experience. I think if we were to say no, you'd have to justify it by promising some sort of inclusion.

Having said that, with Romelle seemingly excelling at Sheff Utd, and Kim already having Bundesliga 2 experience, I'd trust him to be more than capable against Reading, no disrespect to them

My point was it is against FIFA rules I believe.
 

Ji-soo Kim

Yes but the Asian Games is not a FIFA competition, so we could refuse.
However....

In practice most Premier League clubs refuse Asian Games releases or agree partial ones. South Korea's federation is the one most motivated to push, because a gold medal earns Korean players an exemption from military service,
 

Ji-soo Kim

There's always Donal O'Connor???? if Ji-Soo is otherwise engaged.
 

Ji-soo Kim

Well that's pretty rubbish means we have to play Ajer and Schuster 3 days before we play Chelsea at home . Asking for trouble imo
 

Ji-soo Kim

Well that's pretty rubbish means we have to play Ajer and Schuster 3 days before we play Chelsea at home . Asking for trouble imo

No way we risk that. Imagine we will try and stick Diouf in the middle against Reading with Henry at left back
 

Ji-soo Kim

There's always Donal O'Connor???? if Ji-Soo is otherwise engaged.
I believe he (O'Connor) got injured in the U21 game against Sunderland
 

Ji-soo Kim

I wonder if Thiago could do a job at centre half if called upon. The Brazilian Paul Warhurst.
 

Ji-soo Kim

I don't see us playing Ajer against reading when we have Chelsea 3 days later. It would benefit their understanding but is a risk as Ajer isn't that durable

I appreciate Ajer’s injury record, but for Gods sake he is not an invalid. He has recently taken part in a demanding World Cup schedule so I am sure if required he will manage a couple of games in quick succession.
 

Ji-soo Kim

Is Ji-Soo Kim better than Fredrick? I haven't seen Ji-Soo Kim play over the last year but on the evidence that I did see before that, I would say that Fredrick is probably ahead of him, so it's good to hear that Fredrick played last night and that, according to the report on the club website, in the right centre-back position he "was imperious both in the air and in his one-v-one duels".
 

Ji-soo Kim

it's good to hear that Fredrick played last night and that, according to the report on the club website, in the right centre-back position he "was imperious both in the air and in his one-v-one duels".
The summary and detail regarding Benji Fredrick seems quite telling in the report...
 

Ji-soo Kim

It’s just good to see that the ‘it’s Brentford innit’ lives on. Few weeks back we were discussing how stacked our squad is, now we are deliberating whether to play Janelt or Frederick at CB ! 😃
 
Back
Top Bottom