Ajer can be risked, otherwise lets just tell him not to come into trainingProbably has to play at reading. ajer can't be risked
Don’t think it’s unreasonable to be nervous about the idea of our only remaining centre back with more than 1 PL appearance playing 3 games in 6 days, especially given his injury record and the prospect of facing an in-form Chelsea attack.Ajer can be risked, otherwise lets just tell him not to come into training
Looking forward to seeing him play again. He’s in the squad for a reason, otherwise why was EP allowed to leave? I bet he’s looking forward to the next week too.He looked very assured in the B-team game last week, I know not the same standard as a full on Premier League game but still. As others have commented, we have these other centre back options and Collins/Sepp/Ajer are not going to be fit all season, squad depth and all that. He will be on the bench vs Bournemouth and start at Reading for sure
Ajer can be risked, otherwise lets just tell him not to come into training
Best that he stays in bed! Should be safe from injury there.
Having seen his missus, he's at high risk of groin strainBest that he stays in bed! Should be safe from injury there.
Guess we won't be seeing him at Reading then
View: https://x.com/BrentfordFC/status/2097336952852811776
The football runs 14 September - 4 October. 2026 Asian Games - WikipediaWhen is this event?
I assume Sepp must be close to returning. Benjamin Frederick, who starts for Nigeria will be able to fill in.You can’t make this sh*t up !
Two left standing until October !
So two (PL) games missed and back after international break.The football runs 14 September - 4 October. 2026 Asian Games - Wikipedia
assume yes , we pay his wages , well I dont actuallyDon't think we can say he can't go can we?
I think it's against FIFA regulations to refuse to release a fit player.assume yes , we pay his wages , well I dont actually
It's difficult though because it's one thing stopping an established and critical palyer going to a fairly non-elite competition e.g. nations leagueDon't think we can say he can't go can we?
Unlikely. Very unlikely. We just have to get through the next 3 matches.Collins and/or Sepp must be closer than we all thought I guess. If not we are at proper bare bones at centre back for three games in 6 days!
In that case in real desperation Vitaly could step in I guessUnlikely. Very unlikely. We just have to get through the next 3 matches.
It's difficult though because it's one thing stopping an established and critical palyer going to a fairly non-elite competition e.g. nations league
and another thing stopping a young player from having that experience. I think if we were to say no, you'd have to justify it by promising some sort of inclusion.
Having said that, with Romelle seemingly excelling at Sheff Utd, and Kim already having Bundesliga 2 experience, I'd trust him to be more than capable against Reading, no disrespect to them
Yes but the Asian Games is not a FIFA competition, so we could refuse.My point was it is against FIFA rules I believe.
However....Yes but the Asian Games is not a FIFA competition, so we could refuse.
Frederick played for the B team tonight so he's obviously back fit and available.I assume Sepp must be close to returning. Benjamin Frederick, who starts for Nigeria will be able to fill in.
Well that's pretty rubbish means we have to play Ajer and Schuster 3 days before we play Chelsea at home . Asking for trouble imo
I believe he (O'Connor) got injured in the U21 game against SunderlandThere's always Donal O'Connor???? if Ji-Soo is otherwise engaged.
He did and it looked worse than Nathan Collins's injury.I believe he (O'Connor) got injured in the U21 game against Sunderland
Oh boy. It never rains...I believe he (O'Connor) got injured in the U21 game against Sunderland
We’re more likely to put Janelt or Hickey at CB for Reading than DioufNo way we risk that. Imagine we will try and stick Diouf in the middle against Reading with Henry at left back
This aged well! Don’t you just love it when everything changes overnight…Looking forward to seeing him play again. He’s in the squad for a reason, otherwise why was EP allowed to leave? I bet he’s looking forward to the next week too.
I don't see us playing Ajer against reading when we have Chelsea 3 days later. It would benefit their understanding but is a risk as Ajer isn't that durableAjer will play alongside Schuster with Frederick on the bench
I don't see us playing Ajer against reading when we have Chelsea 3 days later. It would benefit their understanding but is a risk as Ajer isn't that durable
The summary and detail regarding Benji Fredrick seems quite telling in the report...it's good to hear that Fredrick played last night and that, according to the report on the club website, in the right centre-back position he "was imperious both in the air and in his one-v-one duels".
Plus the fact that we recently gave him a new 4 year contractThe summary and detail regarding Benji Fredrick seems quite telling in the report...
No way we risk that. Imagine we will try and stick Diouf in the middle against Reading with Henry at left back
Played 90 minutes v Qatar, got 1 assist, committed no fouls but got a yellow card!Started earlier.
![]()
Aichi-Nagoya 2026
Web Results for 20th Asian Games and Aichi–Nagoya 2026, powered by Bornanresults.asiangames2026.org