Travel Hull City (A) Sun 25th Oct, 14:00

Hull City (A) Sun 25th Oct, 14:00

Wife has already found accommodation at Bridlington, halfway between Hull and Sunderland :love:

I was going to book here in Bridlington but the special offer started the day after hull instead of day of hull so I couldn’t bring myself to do it. Weird offer as it’s half term so why not allow the Sunday


Their loss
:cutthecrap:
 

Hull City (A) Sun 25th Oct, 14:00

Right how do I sell Hull to the missus, she’s not buying that Hull is a top 10 city in the UK now 🤣

I did this once and only found 1 fish

 

Hull City (A) Sun 25th Oct, 14:00

Right how do I sell Hull to the missus, she’s not buying that Hull is a top 10 city in the UK now 🤣

It’s had a lot of work done since we were last there, for one thing Clive Sullivan Way, the A63 and effectively the other end of the M62 is free of roadworks for the first time in my living memory of being in the North (20 years)

There was a lot of tarting up done for the city of culture a few years ago, and although the city is a bit rough and has suffered from the fishing industry collapse, there are some great boozers.

Hull has a long interesting history and they do try to make a thing of it. William Wilberforce etc. I like the people, funny (especially with that accent!!! “There’s a fern curl from Turkeeyooo” “errr nurrrr snurrr” “kerkercurler”. Have a guess at translations 😂)

Bit further afield Withernsea is an old fashioned seaside town, and Beverley is a beautiful little market town.
I had a good break in Hull during a trip away in 2020 when covid restrictions allowed.
The Deep, the Aquarium, is as impressive as any I've seen in the UK. The Wilberforce House Museum and Streetlife Museum (mainly transport related stuff) also good.
Also had a day trip to Beverley and Bridlington.
And as mentioned plenty of good pubs.
 

Hull City (A) Sun 25th Oct, 14:00

It’s had a lot of work done since we were last there, for one thing Clive Sullivan Way, the A63 and effectively the other end of the M62 is free of roadworks for the first time in my living memory of being in the North (20 years)

There was a lot of tarting up done for the city of culture a few years ago, and although the city is a bit rough and has suffered from the fishing industry collapse, there are some great boozers.

Hull has a long interesting history and they do try to make a thing of it. William Wilberforce etc. I like the people, funny (especially with that accent!!! “There’s a fern curl from Turkeeyooo” “errr nurrrr snurrr” “kerkercurler”. Have a guess at translations 😂)

Bit further afield Withernsea is an old fashioned seaside town, and Beverley is a beautiful little market town.
Yes we are staying in Beverley for a few days
 

Hull City (A) Sun 25th Oct, 14:00

"Hull Trains recorded a pre-tax profit of £12.2 million on a turnover of £50.5 million for the financial year ending March 31, 2025"

That's massive amount of profit. Licence to 2032 too. Ker-ching.
Bring back the good old days when you could change at Doncaster for a clapped out three car multiple unit with added diesel fumes . Atmosphere! but not too comfortable.
 

Hull City (A) Sun 25th Oct, 14:00

Bring back the good old days when you could change at Doncaster for a clapped out three car multiple unit with added diesel fumes . Atmosphere! but not too comfortable.
Ah how well I remember that... sitting on the platform at Donnie on my way back to Uni
 

Hull City (A) Sun 25th Oct, 14:00

TW3 X 2 on the choo choo.
 

Hull City (A) Sun 25th Oct, 14:00

Going for a long weekend, Sat & Sun nights booked into a decent AirBnb for £100
 

Hull City (A) Sun 25th Oct, 14:00

Any good fish and chips/food/water hole recommendations for Hull? Obviously some updated ones for someone who’s been there recently
 

Hull City (A) Sun 25th Oct, 14:00

Leaving at 9 from KX finishing in Newcastle at 9 with a 2 hrs rail replacement service. Better take a book.
 

Hull City (A) Sun 25th Oct, 14:00

If there are rules about eating and clothing surely there must be one covering “books” 🤓
 

Hull City (A) Sun 25th Oct, 14:00

This is the Hull thread
For some, travel to Hull and Sunderland is planning for a late October a long weekend in the North East over half term.
We’ll see if there’s an uptick in the GPG divorce rate or children disowning a parent, when their mates get back to school tanned and talking about their trip to the Canary Islands.
 

Hull City (A) Sun 25th Oct, 14:00

For some, travel to Hull and Sunderland is planning for a late October a long weekend in the North East over half term.
We’ll see if there’s an uptick in the GPG divorce rate or children disowning a parent, when their mates get back to school tanned and talking about their trip to the Canary Islands.
I am aware of that , in fact doing a similar thing but I am going to Hull first then Sunderland . The poster I was responding to was talking about travelling from Kings Cross to Newcastle . I simply wondered why one would go there first. It’s a fair distance from there back to Hull.
 

Hull City (A) Sun 25th Oct, 14:00

Best place to buy train tickets please? New to all this train travel stuff. Cheers.
 

Hull City (A) Sun 25th Oct, 14:00

Best place to buy train tickets please? New to all this train travel stuff. Cheers.
Trainsplit is best to give you an idea. You can then go and buy from another supplier without any fees, eg Hull trains, LNER etc.

Trainline charges a £1 fee
 

Hull City (A) Sun 25th Oct, 14:00

Trainsplit is best to give you an idea. You can then go and buy from another supplier without any fees, eg Hull trains, LNER etc.

Trainline charges a £1 fee
Thanks
 

Hull City (A) Sun 25th Oct, 14:00

I am aware of that , in fact doing a similar thing but I am going to Hull first then Sunderland . The poster I was responding to was talking about travelling from Kings Cross to Newcastle . I simply wondered why one would go there first. It’s a fair distance from there back to Hull.
No he wasn’t !! It’d clear he will have a stop off in Hull first 🤓
 

Hull City (A) Sun 25th Oct, 14:00

Staying over Saturday night now and driving up - very rare away day for me
 

Hull City (A) Sun 25th Oct, 14:00

Not too sure how it is on a game day but do highly recommend Humber Street for some good food options, food for cowboys is another great shout. And like others have said, Beverley is a great market town.
 

Hull City (A) Sun 25th Oct, 14:00

For some, travel to Hull and Sunderland is planning for a late October a long weekend in the North East over half term.
We’ll see if there’s an uptick in the GPG divorce rate or children disowning a parent, when their mates get back to school tanned and talking about their trip to the Canary Islands.
Superb!!! I took my son to Costa del Grimsby at the same juncture last season for our cup match and we had a ball!
 

Hull City (A) Sun 25th Oct, 14:00

Superb!!! I took my son to Costa del Grimsby at the same juncture last season for our cup match and we had a ball!
Yes I did that too it seems to work well with half term!

We were on the silly train that was stuck and turfed us all off at some village 🤦‍♀️
 
Back
Top Bottom