Boxing

Boxing

A game of two rounds !
Joshua loses on points but wins with a knockout. 🥊
 

Boxing

Prenga let him off there didn't he.... didn't throw a punch round 2 after total domination round 1. Can't help but feel weird about that...

Instead of thinking corruption, i'll decide to think he felt Joshua's power round 2 and stopped him from throwing punches.
 

Boxing

Prenga let him off there didn't he.... didn't throw a punch round 2 after total domination round 1. Can't help but feel weird about that...

Instead of thinking corruption, i'll decide to think he felt Joshua's power round 2 and stopped him from throwing punches.
I think Prenga was knackered after the first round.

Embarrassing from AJ though. Think he’s done…
 

Boxing

I think Prenga was knackered after the first round.

Embarrassing from AJ though. Think he’s done…
I think that's probably right.

Fury is also finished, so if the race to the bank fight happens so be it I guess. Would be a fun night either way, but I'd rather AJ won as he's a much better person than Fury
 

Boxing

As ever, Steve Bunce hits the nail on the head:

"As much as I want to say it's on, as much as I want to say we can move on to Tyson Fury, I think we need to look at that first round and look at how easily AJ was hurt. We can't just skip past that.
Let's just be a little bit realistic here. If there was any fighter inside the top 100 in the ring with Joshua tonight, we would be reading and running over the end of his career.
As much as I like him, that was disturbing."


😥
 

Boxing

Won't be watching Fury v AJ - 5 years too late when both are washed up and would lose to the top heavyweights now. Purely done to squeeze as much money as possible.
Yup.
Amazed anyone cares in the slightest.
Other than seeing the smugness of AJ, who acts like he’s a great, but isn’t, come up against an old mouthy Gypsy, who was closer to being a great, but isn’t.
Usyk was a class above and these guys are washed up nearlymen.
 

Boxing

Won't be watching Fury v AJ - 5 years too late when both are washed up and would lose to the top heavyweights now. Purely done to squeeze as much money as possible.
AJ has always just been a bodybuilder with a glass jaw, Fury just uses his length and gets hit far too much.
Both are well past it and will just be a circus
 

Boxing

I don’t bother watching it, but I thought Joshua would lose.
The other fella has had 20 wins- all knockouts, albeit against opponents of little renown, and Joshua gets knocked over by a light breeze.
 

Boxing

AJ V Fury will be either winner takes all, or the best of 3, either way it'll be a cash cow for those two and the promoters.
I suspect Prenga will cop a few quid from it too 👀
 

Boxing

AJ has always just been a bodybuilder with a glass jaw, Fury just uses his length and gets hit far too much.
Both are well past it and will just be a circus
No doubt, but you still have to respect all boxers who enter a ring, since they're putting their lives on the line - literally! Indeed, the poorer/weaker/older they are, the more you have to respect them.

But you're right, it will be a circus, with the clowns being the ones who pay to watch it.
 

Boxing

No doubt, but you still have to respect all boxers who enter a ring, since they're putting their lives on the line - literally! Indeed, the poorer/weaker/older they are, the more you have to respect them.

But you're right, it will be a circus, with the clowns being the ones who pay to watch it.
I think getting paid 50 million quid for half an hours work probably helps though!
 

Boxing

Yup.
Amazed anyone cares in the slightest.
Other than seeing the smugness of AJ, who acts like he’s a great, but isn’t, come up against an old mouthy Gypsy, who was closer to being a great, but isn’t.
Usyk was a class above and these guys are washed up nearlymen.
Two fighters who have held multiple world titles. If they're nearlymen then 99.9% off fighters are nearlymen.
 

Boxing

I think getting paid 50 million quid for half an hours work probably helps though!
Obviously, but aside from the fact that only a tiny minority earn anything like that, would you risk your life for it? I'm not sure I would, and that's without all the blood, sweat and tears put in over the years to get to that level.
 

Boxing

Two fighters who have held multiple world titles. If they're nearlymen then 99.9% off fighters are nearlymen.
You’re either the king or you’re not the king*. These guys tried to be the king but ultimately failed.


*except in boxing where the money grabbing / dodginess of it ensures multiple “titles” often for doing nothing of note
 

Boxing

He was winning every round, so why go swinging haymakers like a lunatic when keeping out of trouble and hanging on makes you world champion.

He was out on his feet but was still the only one landing punches when the towel went it.

What a strange end to the fight
 

Boxing

Moses inexperience showed.He should have realised he wasn't going to knock this fella out and boxed him to a points win like Usyk would have done.
 

Boxing

Hrgovic has a chin made out of granite wrapped in iron. Itauma could have coasted to a victory on points after the sixth round but fair play to him - he went for it - and his cardio just fell off a cliff. Anyone who's sparred even thirty seconds knows that fighting takes it out of you like nothing else and Hrgovic was able to manage the fight far far better. Itauma may still well become an undisputed champion but I don't think many of us were expecting him to fall against Hrgovic.
 

Boxing

I wanna know what his trainer was telling him tbh... that was just odd to watch. Or maybe he wasn't listening to Ben? Not sure.

I love Hrgovic, but IMO this isn't good for boxing.... there's no superstars in the heavyweight division at the moment.
 

Boxing

Hrgovic would have had to come out at some point looking for a knockout so he could have taken a breather for a couple of rounds and then counterpunched his way to a win - not sure what he was doing.
 

Boxing

He has been let down all round.
Took this at least 2 fights too early in his career, and then was badly advised by his corner.
 

Boxing

Listened to it on 5 Live, after round 1 Buncie and Richie Woodall basically said that Moses was blowing out of arse and needed to ease off!
 

Boxing

As others say above, this was poor advice from the corner. He was so far ahead at the half way point that only a KO would beat him.

He should have conserved energy for 2-3 rounds and kept on picking at Hrgovic with his jab. Now learnt a very valuable lesson that every win does not need to be an explosive KO.
 

Boxing

Staggered that I am the first person to comment on Katie Taylors last fight. I've followed her since London 2012 - what she has done for womens boxing will never be matched, paving the way for everyone that has followed her.

She should be regarded as one of the all time greats male or female and last night showed that she transcends boxing and captured a nations hearts.

The most humble sportsperson I've ever seen (contrast that tw*t Shields) - enjoy your retirement Katie ☺️
 

Boxing

Where does Benn really go from here? Didn't deserve the fight... he's probably not even British level lets be honest.... would Eubank Benn 3 even be of interest to anyone?

A very very bad night for his bad boy reputation.... he may well have a couple of rebuild fights but we now know with all certainty he's not at world level.
 

Boxing

Needs to move up in weight and go back to British and European level matches, problem is Zuffa have spent a lot of money on him so will they let that happen?
 

Boxing

This could have been a very good fight. A decade ago.

Now 2 end of career past it heavyweights looking for one last big payday.

1790252357887.png
 

Boxing

I really hope Fury takes his preparation seriously enough to put in a decent performance.
He's the better boxer and Joshua has always had the ego of someone with a track record far more impressive than his actually is.
Beating Joshua won't elevate Fury any higher than he's already considered but it'd at least put AJ back in his box.
 

Boxing

Don’t like either. But dislike Fury more (liar and drugs cheat, where’s that purse he was giving to charity…) so hope he gets splattered. But they’re both well over the hill and I won’t be staying up past 11:30 to watch it. I also won’t be paying for it 😊
 

Boxing

I really hope Fury takes his preparation seriously enough to put in a decent performance.
He's the better boxer and Joshua has always had the ego of someone with a track record far more impressive than his actually is.
Beating Joshua won't elevate Fury any higher than he's already considered but it'd at least put AJ back in his box.
Whoever wins will be considered the (somewhat distant) second greatest heavyweight of their generation. As mentioned it should have happened a decade ago but there's still much at stake for their legacies.
 

Boxing

Whoever wins will be considered the (somewhat distant) second greatest heavyweight of their generation. As mentioned it should have happened a decade ago but there's still much at stake for their legacies.
I don't think anyone's really going to consider either of them amongst the greats regardless of the result.
I think Fury's a lot closer to that and Joshua's basically lost to anyone half decent barring an ancient Klitschko who was done.
Even Joshua wins he'll remain an overhyped disappointment.

We've had the Klitschko era and then the Usyk era with a creditable challenge from Fury (and a somewhat unlucky Deontay Wilder imo who seemed to be broken man ever after that 900 second count let Fury beat him).
 

Boxing

Does anybody have any interest in these two over the hill average-at-best boxers now?
 

Boxing

I don't think anyone's really going to consider either of them amongst the greats regardless of the result.
I think Fury's a lot closer to that and Joshua's basically lost to anyone half decent barring an ancient Klitschko who was done.
Even Joshua wins he'll remain an overhyped disappointment.

We've had the Klitschko era and then the Usyk era with a creditable challenge from Fury (and a somewhat unlucky Deontay Wilder imo who seemed to be broken man ever after that 900 second count let Fury beat him).
Agreed on the first count - neither of them will go down as greats. Think you're being a bit harsh on Joshua there - for me neither of them have especially impressive resumes. Not to mention that Fury arguably lost that fight with Ngannou. Either way I will still be tuning in with great interest and I imagine it'll still pull some impressive numbers in terms of viewership.
 

Boxing

A friday night show aswell.
I hope AJ wins and they both call it a day/night at the bell,but this is a circus event now whereas we all wanted to see this fight happen a few years ago.
I will watch it and shout at the telly whilst drinking Cider and Vodkatinis.
 

Boxing

Neither are top level heavyweights any more so the thought that this is the biggest fight in boxing is a load of sh*te made up by the promoters to sell tickets and PPVs.

Won't be watching live and dont really care who wins 🤷
 
Back
Top Bottom