Untouchable
Professional Marinakis hater
- Joined
- 5 May 2014
- Messages
- 32,339
- Reaction score
- 92,070
I think Prenga was knackered after the first round.Prenga let him off there didn't he.... didn't throw a punch round 2 after total domination round 1. Can't help but feel weird about that...
Instead of thinking corruption, i'll decide to think he felt Joshua's power round 2 and stopped him from throwing punches.
I think that's probably right.I think Prenga was knackered after the first round.
Embarrassing from AJ though. Think he’s done…
Yup.Won't be watching Fury v AJ - 5 years too late when both are washed up and would lose to the top heavyweights now. Purely done to squeeze as much money as possible.
AJ has always just been a bodybuilder with a glass jaw, Fury just uses his length and gets hit far too much.Won't be watching Fury v AJ - 5 years too late when both are washed up and would lose to the top heavyweights now. Purely done to squeeze as much money as possible.
I suspect Prenga will cop a few quid from it tooAJ V Fury will be either winner takes all, or the best of 3, either way it'll be a cash cow for those two and the promoters.
No doubt, but you still have to respect all boxers who enter a ring, since they're putting their lives on the line - literally! Indeed, the poorer/weaker/older they are, the more you have to respect them.AJ has always just been a bodybuilder with a glass jaw, Fury just uses his length and gets hit far too much.
Both are well past it and will just be a circus
I think getting paid 50 million quid for half an hours work probably helps though!No doubt, but you still have to respect all boxers who enter a ring, since they're putting their lives on the line - literally! Indeed, the poorer/weaker/older they are, the more you have to respect them.
But you're right, it will be a circus, with the clowns being the ones who pay to watch it.
Two fighters who have held multiple world titles. If they're nearlymen then 99.9% off fighters are nearlymen.Yup.
Amazed anyone cares in the slightest.
Other than seeing the smugness of AJ, who acts like he’s a great, but isn’t, come up against an old mouthy Gypsy, who was closer to being a great, but isn’t.
Usyk was a class above and these guys are washed up nearlymen.
Obviously, but aside from the fact that only a tiny minority earn anything like that, would you risk your life for it? I'm not sure I would, and that's without all the blood, sweat and tears put in over the years to get to that level.I think getting paid 50 million quid for half an hours work probably helps though!
You’re either the king or you’re not the king*. These guys tried to be the king but ultimately failed.Two fighters who have held multiple world titles. If they're nearlymen then 99.9% off fighters are nearlymen.
He was battered for 7 rounds. No idea how he kept on going.Hrgovic has and incredible chin.
Whoever wins will be considered the (somewhat distant) second greatest heavyweight of their generation. As mentioned it should have happened a decade ago but there's still much at stake for their legacies.I really hope Fury takes his preparation seriously enough to put in a decent performance.
He's the better boxer and Joshua has always had the ego of someone with a track record far more impressive than his actually is.
Beating Joshua won't elevate Fury any higher than he's already considered but it'd at least put AJ back in his box.
I don't think anyone's really going to consider either of them amongst the greats regardless of the result.Whoever wins will be considered the (somewhat distant) second greatest heavyweight of their generation. As mentioned it should have happened a decade ago but there's still much at stake for their legacies.
Agreed on the first count - neither of them will go down as greats. Think you're being a bit harsh on Joshua there - for me neither of them have especially impressive resumes. Not to mention that Fury arguably lost that fight with Ngannou. Either way I will still be tuning in with great interest and I imagine it'll still pull some impressive numbers in terms of viewership.I don't think anyone's really going to consider either of them amongst the greats regardless of the result.
I think Fury's a lot closer to that and Joshua's basically lost to anyone half decent barring an ancient Klitschko who was done.
Even Joshua wins he'll remain an overhyped disappointment.
We've had the Klitschko era and then the Usyk era with a creditable challenge from Fury (and a somewhat unlucky Deontay Wilder imo who seemed to be broken man ever after that 900 second count let Fury beat him).