Drinking alcohol in the stands at Gtech (5 Viewers)

Beer in the stands?


  • Total voters
    400

Drinking alcohol in the stands at Gtech

Many people mention Alcohol being thrown, I don't get it! Isn't alcohol more expensive than coffee or soft drinks, so what is the mentality that would have you throw one liquid and not another?
Goal, coffee thrown, no Tea thrown, no, Fanta thrown, no, beer, thrown in the air!
 

Drinking alcohol in the stands at Gtech

But you are putting your needs above the large majority of people who are there for what is the primary function of the event, watching football. You're not going to die of thirst and you can wait until you can purchase a drink in an establishment that the primary function is just that. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Excuse me?

How about you re read my posts again!

I’m not for a minute here saying I have a need that is more important then anything else and I’m also not advocating that I need to drink MORE at a game.

Like that fellow from Maidenhead you have no idea on what my needs are so don’t assume anything about me please because your point above is a generalised load of bollx.

Just because you can have an over the top option doesn’t mean you should.

HTH
 

Drinking alcohol in the stands at Gtech

Many people mention Alcohol being thrown, I don't get it! Isn't alcohol more expensive than coffee or soft drinks, so what is the mentality that would have you throw one liquid and not another?
Goal, coffee thrown, no Tea thrown, no, Fanta thrown, no, beer, thrown in the air!

Essentially the mentality is - oooohhh look at me going wild, i care that little bit more about this than all of you, I'm the real fan, did you manage to capture that for Tiktok?
 

Drinking alcohol in the stands at Gtech

We have a no politics rule on this site, please adhere to it. No matter how well crafted and lengthy a post is, it will simply be deleted if it includes political comment. It's really not that difficult to understand.
 

Drinking alcohol in the stands at Gtech

The biggest problem we have in the North Stand are people still arriving at their seats at the start of each half up to 15 minutes late, probably because they havent finished eating or drinking. This is so frustrating and selfish, but goes on every week, something needs to be done imo.
I’ve got an aisle seat. Tell me about it! Up down up down!
 

Drinking alcohol in the stands at Gtech

Correct.

If I had my way the CCTV should be trained on those that leave their seats on PG announcing "There will be a minimum of " and then a whole host of people rush to the lounges without listening if it is 1 minute or 15 minutes

Those people should have their season tickets withdrawn. And never be allowed to buy a ticket to a Brentford game again..........EVER

I can count on one hand the amount of times I have left early in 50 years, usually a good reason. Away to Villa at 4.0 down, a 4PM kick off on a Sunday, a lousy 6 hour journey to get there and I had to drop my son at Bristol before heading back to Maidenhead. We decided to head out 5 mins before the end to get on the M6, unfortunately it didn't work and took me 7 hours anyway, but this fat bloke quite aggressively had a go at me on the way, stay and support to the end, I told him to go f*** himself.

But anyone who turns up late, leaves 10 mins before half time, returns in the 55th minute hen leaves before the end every game isn't a fan and can get in the bin as far as I am concerned. How can you leave in injury time at 2.1 down to Chelsea, you are not a fan, you are just looking for an excuse to drink, just go to the pub and leave us alone. Probably the same people who are most vocal when it comes to match reports too.
 

Drinking alcohol in the stands at Gtech

Excuse me?

How about you re read my posts again!

I’m not for a minute here saying I have a need that is more important then anything else and I’m also not advocating that I need to drink MORE at a game.

Like that fellow from Maidenhead you have no idea on what my needs are so don’t assume anything about me please because your point above is a generalised load of bollx.

Just because you can have an over the top option doesn’t mean you should.

HTH


We are just responding to your posts, we are not making anything up, just replying to the points you make.
 

Drinking alcohol in the stands at Gtech

Essentially the mentality is - oooohhh look at me going wild, i care that little bit more about this than all of you, I'm the real fan, did you manage to capture that for Tiktok?

Fake limbs, all over the world cup. Just band waggon jumping for a night out.
 

Drinking alcohol in the stands at Gtech

We are just responding to your posts, we are not making anything up, just replying to the points you make.
And your replies are misguided and not reflecting my initial points.

Sorry but that’s a fact. You mention my need to drink and getting up and down during the game.

I haven’t said that once. I’m not bothered about buying beer during play.

Read it again.
 
  • Like
Reactions: AB

Drinking alcohol in the stands at Gtech

Excuse me?

How about you re read my posts again!

I’m not for a minute here saying I have a need that is more important then anything else and I’m also not advocating that I need to drink MORE at a game.

Like that fellow from Maidenhead you have no idea on what my needs are so don’t assume anything about me please because your point above is a generalised load of bollx.

Just because you can have an over the top option doesn’t mean you should.

HTH
Sounds like a nerve was hit to me.
 

Drinking alcohol in the stands at Gtech

Nope, just dealing with pointless finger wagging high horse posts.

:sorted:

Try reading the context of what people post.
Furry muff.

Don’t think what I wrote warranted such a strong reaction or being called a load of b***ocks however.
 

Drinking alcohol in the stands at Gtech

The big gripe I have about the late arrivals, early leavers at half time returning 5 minutes into 2nd half then leaving before the end and we have the same individuals every game is that I have to get up to let them pass that then requires those behind to have to get up to watch the game who I then feel obligated to apologise to.

Some people have no consideration for others.

I like a beer on match days but we arrange to ensure we have those beers with sufficient time to be in our seats.

Drinking in the stands will result in more not less coming and goings and more disruptions to others who are just trying to watch the game,

I am one of those supporters who thinks even if we are losing, you never know one goal back might lead to another even if we are into extra time. The games not over until the final whistle.
 

Drinking alcohol in the stands at Gtech

Essentially the mentality is - oooohhh look at me going wild, i care that little bit more about this than all of you, I'm the real fan, did you manage to capture that for Tiktok?
Who's mentality?
Maybe if allowed, it could be trialed, I don't tend to drink until I get home after a match, but if it proves troublesome, fine, don't allow it, but some people thought that a standing section maybe where trouble makers would congregate.
I'm willing to give people a chance.
 

Drinking alcohol in the stands at Gtech

Many people mention Alcohol being thrown, I don't get it! Isn't alcohol more expensive than coffee or soft drinks, so what is the mentality that would have you throw one liquid and not another?
Goal, coffee thrown, no Tea thrown, no, Fanta thrown, no, beer, thrown in the air!
A drunk mentality 😜
 

Drinking alcohol in the stands at Gtech

I am really surprised so many are against. I agree, but I am surprised.
...I don't mate... this whole thing isn't just about the beer aspect... it says more about supporters of football ... real supporters who love the game...who see the bigger picture....and want to watch it without the sideshows that are becoming increasingly evident year on year....let the Man Us...the Chelsea's...the Tottenhams etc... continue with their top to bottom Americanisation of the game....we don't need it at BFC... let's continue being the real future of the beautiful game....make a stand BIAS/Bees United/BFC.... just say no:nono:
 

Drinking alcohol in the stands at Gtech

I can't believe the passion this debate has generated. Can't people go forty-five minutes without a beer? Can't they just focus on the game in front of them? I love a pint or two before the game but once I'm in my seat I want to watch football not carry on boozing.
 

Drinking alcohol in the stands at Gtech

...I don't mate... this whole thing isn't just about the beer aspect... it says more about supporters of football ... real supporters who love the game...who see the bigger picture....and want to watch it without the sideshows that are becoming increasingly evident year on year....let the Man Us...the Chelsea's...the Tottenhams etc... continue with their top to bottom Americanisation of the game....we don't need it at BFC... let's continue being the real future of the beautiful game....make a stand BIAS/Bees United/BFC.... just say no:nono:


Unfortunately the extra money the club can make will end up deciding it, and BIAS and BU wont stand in front of that. Doesnt matter if someone's toddler goes home stinking of beer, 5 blokes have a punch up because of a spilt pint, just how much ££££s can be extracted from the 'customers'.
 

Drinking alcohol in the stands at Gtech

Not for me. It's bad enough as it is with all the people wandering around aimlessly up and down the aisles during the match,
pausing to watch the match when something happens, blocking the view of those that want to actually watch the match. Followed
by the look of shock on their faces when people start shouting at them to sit down. The selfishness of some people is beyond belief. Is it really not possible to just sit down for 45 minutes and watch the match and let others watch it too?
 

Drinking alcohol in the stands at Gtech

My vote when this thread opened was to vote Yes but having been to Twickenham yesterday (chap count -60,000...but that's another thread!) I have changed my mind. People were up and down like jack in the boxes which was annoying and I wasn't even particularly invested in the game.

So I change my vote, leave it as it is and I can continue to enjoy a pre match beer at the Bell.
 

Drinking alcohol in the stands at Gtech

Someone may have already suggested this, but I was talking to a friend yesterday who suggested that we could be allowed to drink in view of the pitch, but not purchase alcohol during play. I.e buy your beer and bring it back to your seat to drink during the game, but not a constant flow of people in and out. It would also prevent people being late to their seats at the kick off of both halves as they are finishing their drinks outside.
 

Drinking alcohol in the stands at Gtech

Someone may have already suggested this, but I was talking to a friend yesterday who suggested that we could be allowed to drink in view of the pitch, but not purchase alcohol during play. I.e buy your beer and bring it back to your seat to drink during the game, but not a constant flow of people in and out. It would also prevent people being late to their seats at the kick off of both halves as they are finishing their drinks outside.
Like at MK Dons?
 

Drinking alcohol in the stands at Gtech

Someone may have already suggested this, but I was talking to a friend yesterday who suggested that we could be allowed to drink in view of the pitch, but not purchase alcohol during play. I.e buy your beer and bring it back to your seat to drink during the game, but not a constant flow of people in and out. It would also prevent people being late to their seats at the kick off of both halves as they are finishing their drinks outside.

You'll get people buying a silly amount of pints with nowhere to store them other than under a seat, then a problem if something falls through the gap behind the seat in to one of them, or they get knocked about when people pass in/out of the row. Then you have the same at HT but fewer people get served because many are buying double the pints 'to see them through the game', or it takes so long to serve everyone that they're still coming in to the seats on 50-55 mins anyway.

Dont get me wrong, I'd like to be able to have a pint during our games as I enjoy doing so at non-league games, but I just dont think it works in sold out or busy stadiums due to the minority who'll act like selfish dicks.
 

Drinking alcohol in the stands at Gtech

The rugby at Twickenham can often be a sideshow to the drinking that is going on, with people coming back with 6 pint holders meaning you are up and down all the time.

As a compromise I would say that you can take one open drink to your seat to avoid loading up and having pints knocked over.

At the NFL and cricket it is a different story where the games are over a longer period and quite stop/start.

I don’t think it will be a massive earner for the clubs either as the margin on a pint is not that great. They probably make more money on a tea/Bovrril/water.
 

Drinking alcohol in the stands at Gtech

You'll get people buying a silly amount of pints with nowhere to store them other than under a seat, then a problem if something falls through the gap behind the seat in to one of them, or they get knocked about when people pass in/out of the row. Then you have the same at HT but fewer people get served because many are buying double the pints 'to see them through the game', or it takes so long to serve everyone that they're still coming in to the seats on 50-55 mins anyway.

Dont get me wrong, I'd like to be able to have a pint during our games as I enjoy doing so at non-league games, but I just dont think it works in sold out or busy stadiums due to the minority who'll act like selfish dicks.
I'm convinced that the number of people who do this will be small. Maybe some people might buy two pints instead of one but if it is a problem, maybe just limit the amount people can buy.
 

Drinking alcohol in the stands at Gtech

Unfortunately the extra money the club can make will end up deciding it, and BIAS and BU wont stand in front of that. Doesnt matter if someone's toddler goes home stinking of beer, 5 blokes have a punch up because of a spilt pint, just how much ££££s can be extracted from the 'customers'.
If it comes I’d expect to focus on where and when it’s allowed and on the sanctions for misbehaviour. Having a pissed up punch up in the concourse would already get a long stadium ban. Unless the consensus is nowhere at any time. Even on this thread that doesn’t seem to be the consensus.

We do not know what the club’s view is. It might think the whole thing too much of an unpopular faff to bother with changing.

The relevance of the £££ would be that it impacts on other stuff we like, like keeping tickets affordable, promoting away travel, and new stuff like fanzones.

It would be open to fans to shift from this to a more general “nope, you get enough from the PL, there’s nothing to discuss” and if that is what is wanted then by all means get yourselves on to BIAS/BU to push those lines hard.
 

Drinking alcohol in the stands at Gtech

I'm convinced that the number of people who do this will be small. Maybe some people might buy two pints instead of one but if it is a problem, maybe just limit the amount people can buy.
Limit to 1 per person per transaction at ht and shut the bar at ko for both halves - if it means 6 people from the same group have to queue then so be it.

Ultimately if this law change happens it will be case of fine tuning the arrangements anyway so it will probably evolve over time to try and get to a happy medium.
 

Drinking alcohol in the stands at Gtech

I'm convinced that the number of people who do this will be small. Maybe some people might buy two pints instead of one but if it is a problem, maybe just limit the amount people can buy.
There's still a lot more drinks being taken in than today all waiting to be spilt and flow down the stand onto your programme or under a4 sized bag under your seat.
 

Drinking alcohol in the stands at Gtech

Limit to 1 per person per transaction at ht and shut the bar at ko for both halves - if it means 6 people from the same group have to queue then so be it.

Ultimately if this law change happens it will be case of fine tuning the arrangements anyway so it will probably evolve over time to try and get to a happy medium.
I think it's got to be either yes or no, rule changes at the bar or having stewards try and police it just makes it too complicated, just leave it as it is.
 

Drinking alcohol in the stands at Gtech

Unfortunately the extra money the club can make will end up deciding it, and BIAS and BU wont stand in front of that. Doesnt matter if someone's toddler goes home stinking of beer, 5 blokes have a punch up because of a spilt pint, just how much ££££s can be extracted from the 'customers'.
Does the club make much money from beer sales? Don’t know how the Levy catering contract works, but the food must be the earner given the margins on beer.
 

Drinking alcohol in the stands at Gtech

I think it's got to be either yes or no, rule changes at the bar or having stewards try and police it just makes it too complicated, just leave it as it is.
I agree but I suspect there will be modifications if the rules change.
 

Drinking alcohol in the stands at Gtech

I have no issue with the current ban on alcohol in the stands, but it does seem a bit ridiculous that only Football gets treated this way... and I don't think people will suddenly start throwing pints around.

This has been coming for a while now, and it's the club's decision as to how they lift the ban.

My preference would be that allow drinks in the stands, but close the bars shortly after the match starts – so people aren't popping out for drinks constantly throughout the game. Can't imagine we can do much about the increased toilet breaks though.
 

Drinking alcohol in the stands at Gtech

I'm out on the following.......

1.Beer all over the shop in the stands

2.People constantly getting up get another one.
 

Drinking alcohol in the stands at Gtech

Late winner in front of the West Stand, there's a 100% chance that beer would be chucked everywhere. This is not me predicting the "worst case scenario" it's just knowing how our fans behave.

It's a no from me.
 

Drinking alcohol in the stands at Gtech

Late winner in front of the West Stand, there's a 100% chance that beer would be chucked everywhere. This is not me predicting the "worst case scenario" it's just knowing how our fans behave.

It's a no from me.
At Leeds the fan behind me said if I stood up they’d report me to BFC and ensure I never got another ticket. Not all Bees are the same!

I did turn around when we scored to check and they’d got to their feet so I felt safe doing so!
 

Drinking alcohol in the stands at Gtech

At Leeds the fan behind me said if I stood up they’d report me to BFC and ensure I never got another ticket. Not all Bees are the same!

I did turn around when we scored to check and they’d got to their feet so I felt safe doing so!
Were you in the Leeds end by mistake. You are local after all. Just wondering!
 
  • Haha
Reactions: AB

Drinking alcohol in the stands at Gtech

At Leeds the fan behind me said if I stood up they’d report me to BFC and ensure I never got another ticket. Not all Bees are the same!

I did turn around when we scored to check and they’d got to their feet so I felt safe doing so!
Yep................. Also plenty of kill joys amongst as as well.
 

Drinking alcohol in the stands at Gtech

At Leeds the fan behind me said if I stood up they’d report me to BFC and ensure I never got another ticket. Not all Bees are the same!
That seems ott.
Was this during the game or before the k.o. ?
 

Drinking alcohol in the stands at Gtech

Very nice to be able to drink a beer during the women’s game today. Having said that, I do recognise the difference in atmosphere, attitude and attendance between that and the men’s first XI games.
Seems a smart choice to trial drinking in the stands but closing the bars whilst the match is actually on
 
Back
Top Bottom