Travel Aston Villa (A) Sat 10th Oct, 15:00 (19 Viewers)

Aston Villa (A) Sat 10th Oct, 15:00

I've always done this one by train, but trying to think about drive time tomorrow.

My son has a football match at Esher College. Could he play the first half up until 11.15am, and then we drive from there to the King Edward School car park and still make it in good time, bearing in mind my dad is a slow walker? I think playing the whole game and leaving at 11.45am is pushing it...

Google Maps telling me it's currently a 3hr journey, not factoring in Saturday traffic.
 

Aston Villa (A) Sat 10th Oct, 15:00

I drove a couple of seasons ago and parked in Perry Barr, then got the train to Witton, which is the next stop, easy peasy. After the game once we got back to the car we were back on the motorway in no time at all.
 

Aston Villa (A) Sat 10th Oct, 15:00

I've always done this one by train, but trying to think about drive time tomorrow.

My son has a football match at Esher College. Could he play the first half up until 11.15am, and then we drive from there to the King Edward School car park and still make it in good time, bearing in mind my dad is a slow walker? I think playing the whole game and leaving at 11.45am is pushing it...

Google Maps telling me it's currently a 3hr journey, not factoring in Saturday traffic.
Years ago, I managed to park in the K E School with about 5mins to KO.. I think they were cramming a couple extra in for themselves… but I probably wouldn’t recommend it as a strategy!
 

Aston Villa (A) Sat 10th Oct, 15:00

Anyone got any advice on whether it’s better to go to Witton or Aston stations after the game to get to New Street? Aston is a bit further from VP so wondering if it’s a better bet? Thanks!
 

Aston Villa (A) Sat 10th Oct, 15:00

Anyone got any advice on whether it’s better to go to Witton or Aston stations after the game to get to New Street? Aston is a bit further from VP so wondering if it’s a better bet? Thanks!
Walk towards city centre with #can then jump on bus or in taxi , train queues are stupid long
 

Aston Villa (A) Sat 10th Oct, 15:00

Anyone got any advice on whether it’s better to go to Witton or Aston stations after the game to get to New Street? Aston is a bit further from VP so wondering if it’s a better bet? Thanks!
...go with what nick says...but Witton rather than Aston mate if you want to take the choo choo... Aston is a right old trek tbf...think most bees go to Witton... just get a jog on asap at FT🤷🏼‍♂️
 

Aston Villa (A) Sat 10th Oct, 15:00

Anyone got any advice on whether it’s better to go to Witton or Aston stations after the game to get to New Street? Aston is a bit further from VP so wondering if it’s a better bet? Thanks!
walked to Aston last year and queued for ages for train...
 

Aston Villa (A) Sat 10th Oct, 15:00

Anyone got any advice on whether it’s better to go to Witton or Aston stations after the game to get to New Street? Aston is a bit further from VP so wondering if it’s a better bet? Thanks!
Aston has 4 trains after the game before 18.00
probably discount the 17.03
and takes 7 minutes back to New Street
Witton has 5 trains after the game before 18.00
and takes 8 - 14 minutes back to New Street.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1395.png
    IMG_1395.png
    351.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1396.png
    IMG_1396.png
    361.8 KB · Views: 6

Aston Villa (A) Sat 10th Oct, 15:00

Aston has 4 trains after the game before 18.00
probably discount the 17.03
and takes 7 minutes back to New Street
Witton has 5 trains after the game before 18.00
and takes 8 - 14 minutes back to New Street.
Only benefit with Witton is that two of the trains start there, so will be empty and can fill up completely

1791579823310.png
 

Aston Villa (A) Sat 10th Oct, 15:00

Some cancellations Via Wimbledon if you are heading that way to get into Euston/Marylebone

Screenshot_20261010-070807.png
 

Aston Villa (A) Sat 10th Oct, 15:00

Arrived at 11:30 Friday, not seen any other Bees yet. Planning to start walking back to the CC after the game , but hoping that with the North Stand closed and Bees 3-0 up ,stadium and stations will be empty!
 

Aston Villa (A) Sat 10th Oct, 15:00

On time train from my little hick village to Leeds, and so far touch wood Cross Country looks to be running on time
 

Aston Villa (A) Sat 10th Oct, 15:00

Early start, travelling in hope... my son's birthday today, so got to be positive about the result!
I remember going to Villa Park 23rd October 2022 and my daughter was with me, it was her 16th birthday and we lost 4-0, she told me it was her worst birthday ever, we were 2 or 3 down within the first 20 mins, she will be with me again today, hopefully 4-0 win for the Bees today 🐝
 

Aston Villa (A) Sat 10th Oct, 15:00

I remember going to Villa Park 23rd October 2022 and my daughter was with me, it was her 16th birthday and we lost 4-0, she told me it was her worst birthday ever, we were 2 or 3 down within the first 20 mins, she will be with me again today, hopefully 4-0 win for the Bees today 🐝
Emerys first game as manager I think
 

Aston Villa (A) Sat 10th Oct, 15:00

If you're in no particular hurry another option could be to walk 20 minutes in the 'wrong' direction away from the ground to Perry Barr and have a pint in the (admittedly hideous) Spoons in the shopping centre next to Perry Barr station and get a later train to New Street. You should get a seat on the train and it should take about 15 minutes. Word of warning however is that it's only a half hourly service.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20261010_090002_National Rail.jpg
    Screenshot_20261010_090002_National Rail.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 7

Aston Villa (A) Sat 10th Oct, 15:00

cancellations and delays out Euston
Avanti tickets being accepted on LNW
I hope you're right! My 09:11 Avanti train was cancelled at 9 am. I frantically found a guard and got on the 09:15 LNWM, a much longer route. THEN... the train announcer said, "Any passengers with Avanti tickets will be made to pay full price!" I'm a little concerned; I'll be honest with you! UPDATE: panic over 💪🏽👍🏼
 

Aston Villa (A) Sat 10th Oct, 15:00

I hope you're right! My 09:11 Avanti train was cancelled at 9 am. I frantically found a guard and got on the 09:15 LNWM, a much longer route. THEN... the train announcer said, "Any passengers with Avanti tickets will be made to pay full price!" I'm a little concerned; I'll be honest with you!
Stand your ground. It’s all here: Your cancellation’s covered: new scheme to help stranded rail passengers arrives this weekend

LNWR and Avanti are covered by the scheme. Only Open-Access Operators eg Grand Central aren’t included.
 

Aston Villa (A) Sat 10th Oct, 15:00

Aston Villa (A) Sat 10th Oct, 15:00

As reported chaos at Euston!
Booked on 11.13 to New Street bu delayed.
Switched to LWNR 10.56.
Wait and see ticket complications.
 

Aston Villa (A) Sat 10th Oct, 15:00

As reported chaos at Euston!
Booked on 11.13 to New Street bu delayed.
Switched to LWNR 10.56.
Wait and see ticket complications.
The Chiltern line out of Marylebone might be your best bet. Believe LNWR run on the West Coast mainline that appears to be affected by the damaged overhead power lines.
 

Aston Villa (A) Sat 10th Oct, 15:00

Anyone drinking anywhere interesting? I've just defaulted to the spoons at New St Station
The Shakespeare, up the road from the station looked decent with some big screens for football but I wanted table for food so headed further up that hill just past the Irish bar
 

Aston Villa (A) Sat 10th Oct, 15:00

Following damage to overhead electrical wires between Birmingham New Street and Stafford, all lines have reopened. Residual delays and possible cancellations are expected. Please continue to check your journey using the link below.

To keep customers on the move, Avanti West Coast tickets can be used at no additional cost between:

- <snip>
- Birmingham Moor Street and London Marylebone with Chiltern Railway

In both directions until further notice.
 

Aston Villa (A) Sat 10th Oct, 15:00

The Shakespeare, up the road from the station looked decent with some big screens for football but I wanted table for food so headed further up that hill just past the Irish bar
Just been in there for two very good pints of ale, now on 14.30 to Witton, here we go, 2-0 the mighty Bees 🐝🐝
 

Aston Villa (A) Sat 10th Oct, 15:00

Delays
Diversions
Cancellations
Standing room only
Medical Emergencies and ambulance caused
Staff getting assaulted and police called

Just another days travel on the UK train network.

Shambles from start to finish.
All of this!
 

Aston Villa (A) Sat 10th Oct, 15:00

Delays
Diversions
Cancellations
Standing room only
Medical Emergencies and ambulance caused
Staff getting assaulted and police called

Just another days travel on the UK train network.

Shambles from start to finish.
With respect, I don’t see how medical emergencies and assaults on staff can be described as “shambles”
 

Aston Villa (A) Sat 10th Oct, 15:00

With respect, I don’t see how medical emergencies and assaults on staff can be described as “shambles”
Given that there may've been a lot of blood and bone involved, then shambles is quite accurate...
 

Aston Villa (A) Sat 10th Oct, 15:00

With respect, I don’t see how medical emergencies and assaults on staff can be described as “shambles”

With respect, I'm quite obviously not blaming the train companies for medical emergencies or assaults, that would be psychotic.

They still couldn't organise a bun fight in Kiplings though.

The whole day was a complete nightmare travelwise (as have several others recently) to the point where I don't think I'm going to attend any more away games on the train outside of London, except maybe one off special occasions.

It is a complete farce and an expensive one at that.
 

Aston Villa (A) Sat 10th Oct, 15:00

With respect, I'm quite obviously not blaming the train companies for medical emergencies or assaults, that would be psychotic.

They still couldn't organise a bun fight in Kiplings though.

The whole day was a complete nightmare travelwise (as have several others recently) to the point where I don't think I'm going to attend any more away games on the train outside of London, except maybe one off special occasions.

It is a complete farce and an expensive one at that.
Delay repay is some small consolation.
 
Back
Top Bottom