GPG Mobile

1889

Member
Joined
13 May 2017
Messages
761
Reaction score
879

GPG Mobile

I’m sure there used to be a GPG Mobile setting that I used to use to view the GPG but I seem to have lost it somehow. Does anyone know how I can get this back?
 

GPG Mobile

I’m sure there used to be a GPG Mobile setting that I used to use to view the GPG but I seem to have lost it somehow. Does anyone know how I can get this back?
There isn't one that is selectable. The site renders to the screen size you use so if you are using a mobile, it will display in a mobile style.
 

GPG Mobile

You can toggle by selecting the three parallel bars on bottom right of phone and selecting desktop / mobile site.
 

GPG Mobile

You can toggle by selecting the three parallel bars on bottom right of phone and selecting desktop / mobile site.
Yes I’m sure I used to have the option to do this but it’s disappeared ? Might just be my phone...
 

GPG Mobile

You can toggle by selecting the three parallel bars on bottom right of phone and selecting desktop / mobile site.
Yes I’m sure I used to have the option to do this but it’s disappeared ? Might just be my phone...
This is dependent on the browser by the looks of it. Can't do it on Chrome which is why I didn't know you could do it. Think you can do it on Safari.
 

GPG Mobile

Oh yes you can, through the Chrome menu. Didn't know that. Desktop looks crap on a phone mind.
 

GPG Mobile

Oh yes you can, through the Chrome menu. Didn't know that. Desktop looks crap on a phone mind.
Agreed. Just sometimes useful when mobile views exclude some information, e.g. 538 website.
 

GPG Mobile

I need a bit of technical advice; for reasons that I don't understand my five year old Galaxy S7 Android Samsung has switched the GPG to Dark Mode. None of the other apps on the phone seem to be affected.
Whatever I do I cannot get the 'Dark Mode' on off button to activate.
I thought one easy way round it might be to take the GPG app off the phone and reinstall it.
Been driving me made; any advice would be appreciated.
 

GPG Mobile

I need a bit of technical advice; for reasons that I don't understand my five year old Galaxy S7 Android Samsung has switched the GPG to Dark Mode. None of the other apps on the phone seem to be affected.
Whatever I do I cannot get the 'Dark Mode' on off button to activate.
I thought one easy way round it might be to take the GPG app off the phone and reinstall it.
Been driving me made; any advice would be appreciated.
It’s probably the browser settings that have accidentally been changed
 

GPG Mobile

I need a bit of technical advice; for reasons that I don't understand my five year old Galaxy S7 Android Samsung has switched the GPG to Dark Mode. None of the other apps on the phone seem to be affected.
Whatever I do I cannot get the 'Dark Mode' on off button to activate.
I thought one easy way round it might be to take the GPG app off the phone and reinstall it.
Been driving me made; any advice would be appreciated.
Can you get here Style chooser and change it?
 

GPG Mobile

I need a bit of technical advice; for reasons that I don't understand my five year old Galaxy S7 Android Samsung has switched the GPG to Dark Mode. None of the other apps on the phone seem to be affected.
Whatever I do I cannot get the 'Dark Mode' on off button to activate.
I thought one easy way round it might be to take the GPG app off the phone and reinstall it.
Been driving me made; any advice would be appreciated.

It’s probably the browser settings that have accidentally been changed
Thank you muchly; I use Firefox and it is currently on 'Light' theme; any further kind guidance?
 

GPG Mobile

I need a bit of technical advice; for reasons that I don't understand my five year old Galaxy S7 Android Samsung has switched the GPG to Dark Mode. None of the other apps on the phone seem to be affected.
Whatever I do I cannot get the 'Dark Mode' on off button to activate.
I thought one easy way round it might be to take the GPG app off the phone and reinstall it.
Been driving me made; any advice would be appreciated.

It’s probably the browser settings that have accidentally been changed
Thank you muchly; I use Firefox and it is currently on 'Light' theme; any further kind guidance?
Can you get here Style chooser and change it?
I got to Style Chooser and it now says GPG Default; but the screen is still in Dark Mode; be dead grateful for any further help
 

GPG Mobile

I need a bit of technical advice; for reasons that I don't understand my five year old Galaxy S7 Android Samsung has switched the GPG to Dark Mode. None of the other apps on the phone seem to be affected.
Whatever I do I cannot get the 'Dark Mode' on off button to activate.
I thought one easy way round it might be to take the GPG app off the phone and reinstall it.
Been driving me made; any advice would be appreciated.


Thank you muchly; I use Firefox and it is currently on 'Light' theme; any further kind guidance?

I got to Style Chooser and it now says GPG Default; but the screen is still in Dark Mode; be dead grateful for any further help
14905212-2422-4288-A262-9AF5DCEEEC48.jpeg
do you have this setting switched on on your browser settings?
 

GPG Mobile

Within the version of Firefox if I go to Customise there are three themes, Light Dark and B Saver; I have Light selected and have rebooted the phone with GPG Default in Style Chooser but it has made no difference.
If I took the GPG off and then reinstalled it woould kindly have the link to reinstall it? I cannot remember how I originally got the GPG installed on the phone
 

GPG Mobile

Within the version of Firefox if I go to Customise there are three themes, Light Dark and B Saver; I have Light selected and have rebooted the phone with GPG Default in Style Chooser but it has made no difference.
If I took the GPG off and then reinstalled it woould kindly have the link to reinstall it? I cannot remember how I originally got the GPG installed on the phone
There is no GPG app. There is no installation. You use it via a browser.
 

GPG Mobile

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but was wondering what this OP symbol means on someone’s pic??
 

Attachments

  • 66A30AEB-AB06-4897-A3FC-92B84C4364D4.jpeg
    66A30AEB-AB06-4897-A3FC-92B84C4364D4.jpeg
    178.9 KB · Views: 2

GPG Mobile

I’m not currently able to get the mobile friendly version of the GPG on Safari on my iPhone 14. It was working fine up to about 30 mins ago and now I just get the desktop version.

I have cleared history and data etc but this hasn’t made any difference. I can still get the mobile version with Chrome.

Ideas anyone?
 

GPG Mobile

I’m not currently able to get the mobile friendly version of the GPG on Safari on my iPhone 14. It was working fine up to about 30 mins ago and now I just get the desktop version.

I have cleared history and data etc but this hasn’t made any difference. I can still get the mobile version with Chrome.

Ideas anyone?
Try settings, safari, request desktop website section
 

GPG Mobile

I’m not currently able to get the mobile friendly version of the GPG on Safari on my iPhone 14. It was working fine up to about 30 mins ago and now I just get the desktop version.

I have cleared history and data etc but this hasn’t made any difference. I can still get the mobile version with Chrome.

Ideas anyone?
The "version" you get depends on the width of your browser. Perhaps you need to restart your phone?
 

GPG Mobile

Thanks for adding tag colours to the dark mode. It was better without though ?
 

GPG Mobile

Let me look at it over the weekend and see if I can calm it down a bit.
Thanks. An uneducated guess would be that 67% transparency on the tag boxes would do, if keeping the colour is a must.

I've now discovered the Shades of Grey mode anyway, the tags on there are kinder to the eye. But it has replaced the GPG logo with whoever XenForo are ?

Screenshot_20240816-175333_Gallery.jpg
 

GPG Mobile

Thanks. An uneducated guess would be that 67% transparency on the tag boxes would do, if keeping the colour is a must.

I've now discovered the Shades of Grey mode anyway, the tags on there are kinder to the eye. But it has replaced the GPG logo with whoever XenForo are ?

View attachment 49167
xenforo is the software you are using.
 

GPG Mobile

xenforo is the software you are using.
I guessed so but I feel more at home with the GPG logo at the top as with the other modes. Back to dark mode and putting up with the bright colours it is ?
 

GPG Mobile

I guessed so but I feel more at home with the GPG logo at the top as with the other modes. Back to dark mode and putting up with the bright colours it is ?
Maybe it was for more "low key" usage....e.g. work
 

GPG Mobile

Thanks for adding tag colours to the dark mode. It was better without though ?
Amended. I've turned off Shades of Grey though, it shouldn't have been available- it is the out of the box template that GPG Dark is based on. Please report any issues with GPG Dark as I don't use it very often.
 

GPG Mobile

Any chance of putting the other modes/styles back on ? The one I was using was way better than GPG dark mode. I can’t remember what it was called, but it was sooooo nice and easy on the eyes at night. Maybe we could use one of those as a base for a new GPG dark mode ?
 

GPG Mobile

Any chance of putting the other modes/styles back on ? The one I was using was way better than GPG dark mode. I can’t remember what it was called, but it was sooooo nice and easy on the eyes at night. Maybe we could use one of those as a base for a new GPG dark mode ?
Just seen “shades of grey” was back for a moment. That looked like the one I had selected before the trimming of styles today. Looks like it just needs the logo sorted. it is a really nice theme if you like dark mode.
 

GPG Mobile

Just seen “shades of grey” was back for a moment. That looked like the one I had selected before the trimming of styles today. Looks like it just needs the logo sorted. it is a really nice theme if you like dark mode.
Use GPG Dark which should be pretty much the same as Shades of Grey but with some customisation (logos etc.)
 

GPG Mobile

Use GPG Dark which should be pretty much the same as Shades of Grey but with some customisation (logos etc.)
It is not bad, but it it isn’t as clean and nice to look at compared to Shades of Grey. The thread titles stood out more and there wasn’t lined borders. I think it is more compact as well. But if it is a royal pain to support then don’t worry, I will get used to GPG dark eventually ?
 

GPG Mobile

It is not bad, but it it isn’t as clean and nice to look at compared to Shades of Grey. The thread titles stood out more and there wasn’t lined borders. I think it is more compact as well. But if it is a royal pain to support then don’t worry, I will get used to GPG dark eventually ?
I'll switch it back on for now but will try and find sometime to get GPG Dark the same.
 

GPG Mobile

It is not bad, but it it isn’t as clean and nice to look at compared to Shades of Grey. The thread titles stood out more and there wasn’t lined borders. I think it is more compact as well. But if it is a royal pain to support then don’t worry, I will get used to GPG dark eventually ?
And here I was about to congratulate @Les Beeavinu on his work with the borders ?
 

GPG Mobile

Any way the new ‘report’ button could be moved over to the right hand side with the rest of them? It really draws the eye to the wrong place when scrolling through posts in its current position. (Using work mode on phone and tablet)
 

GPG Mobile

Any way the new ‘report’ button could be moved over to the right hand side with the rest of them? It really draws the eye to the wrong place when scrolling through posts in its current position. (Using work mode on phone and tablet)
New? It's been like that since the new site went up a few years back.

I'll look at it though.
 

GPG Mobile

New? It's been like that since the new site went up a few years back.

I'll look at it though.
Thanks a lot. Defo never there before this morning. Maybe it was excluded from work mode, that’s all I use so can’t comment past that. IMG_9493.jpeg
 

GPG Mobile

Thanks a lot. Defo never there before this morning. Maybe it was excluded from work mode, that’s all I use so can’t comment past that.
Nothing has changed. Have you changed the mode that you are using?
 

GPG Mobile

Thanks a lot. Defo never there before this morning. Maybe it was excluded from work mode, that’s all I use so can’t comment past that. View attachment 49179
Someone uses work mode! Bet it's full of bugs. That button though is in the same place as the GPG Default. I think the logic is the left side is admin, the right side is posting. It'll be difficult to change I'm afraid.
 

GPG Mobile

Nothing has changed. Have you changed the mode that you are using?
Something on the work mode style was changed this morning as I noticed something from the default style hadn't been applied.
 

GPG Mobile

Nothing has changed. Have you changed the mode that you are using?
Nope. But just found an old screenshot. Can see the difference. It’s the warning sign ⚠️ that is new.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9494.jpeg
    IMG_9494.jpeg
    49.9 KB · Views: 9

GPG Mobile

Someone uses work mode! Bet it's full of bugs. That button though is in the same place as the GPG Default. I think the logic is the left side is admin, the right side is posting. It'll be difficult to change I'm afraid.
Yeah there are a few. Like the lighting bolt dosent work on tablet have to click ‘what’s new’ but all very manageable. I find it kind on the eyes ?
 

GPG Mobile

I'll spend a bit of time next week doing a clean up I think but doubt that I'll be able to change that.
 
Back
Top Bottom