hanworthbee
Well-known member
Michael Kayode
Are Italy top tier anymoreWhen we started in the Premier League, we had plenty of Internationals but not from top tier countries. Maybe we are starting to break through that glass ceiling.
Are Italy top tier anymoreWhen we started in the Premier League, we had plenty of Internationals but not from top tier countries. Maybe we are starting to break through that glass ceiling.
I just heard Gus Hurdle shout 'HOLD MY BEER' .I’ve got John Halls on the phone!
Don’t dis a fellow international right back!I just heard Gus Hurdle shout 'HOLD MY BEER' .
I remember at the times thinking “this guy has played in the prem with Arsenal”! (Albeit about 2 games)…… how times have changed!I’ve got John Halls on the phone!
Might've had a mare with World Cup qualification over the last decade but with 4 World Cups and a couple of Euros (the most recent being little over 5 years ago) they're still very much a top tier footballing nation (in my eyes at least).Are Italy top tier anymore![]()
Warm praise for him in Italian posts on social media, a few comments along the lines of I can't believe we put up with Di Lorenzo for years when this guy was a recent option, adding the old manager was a fraud for overlooking him (and I think saying their players weren't good enough to get them to the last World Cup).The everyday Itaian fan might be wondering where MK has sprung from. Not least when they see he wasn’t getting picked for the U21 team, yet in the squad
Lovely hair though.I remember at the times thinking “this guy has played in the prem with Arsenal”! (Albeit about 2 games)…… how times have changed!
Warm praise for him in Italian posts on social media, a few comments along the lines of I can't believe we put up with Di Lorenzo for years when this guy was a recent option, adding the old manager was a fraud for overlooking him (and I think saying their players weren't good enough to get them to the last World Cup).
View: https://x.com/CalcioNoContext/status/2104789696492540370
At the risk of going off piste, wasn’t there a one man fan club for John Halls?Javi Venta fan club are up in arms
Jesus this is like a monologue from a Hollywood sports film where Matthew McConaughey is playing the coachRoberto Mancini reveals his conversation with Michael Kayode before his Italy debut against Turkey:“You know, before the game I spoke to Michael because sometimes with a young player making his debut, you have to calm him down.I told him, ‘Michael, don’t try to prove everything tonight. You’re a right-back. Defend well, give the ball to the midfielders and enjoy your first game.’He said, ‘Okay, mister.’Twenty-seven minutes later we are 3-0 up and my right-back is sliding on his knees celebrating a goal.So when he came towards the bench I asked him, ‘Which part of our conversation did you understand?’He said, ‘The part where you told me to enjoy myself.’What can I say?We lost against Belgium, I changed almost the entire team, started two brothers together, gave a 22-year-old his debut and somehow after 27 minutes we looked like Italy again.Sometimes as a coach you spend days looking for answers.Sometimes you accidentally put them in the starting eleven.”
That's cos it was translated by Robert DeNiro. Fact-ish.Jesus this is like a monologue from a Hollywood sports film where Matthew McConaughey is playing the coach
Man of the match according to my mate: il migliore (the best)
In the words of Shaggy, It wasn't me.At the risk of going off piste, wasn’t there a one man fan club for John Halls?
I didn’t say it was??In the words of Shaggy, It wasn't me.
Quite the opposite.
Think this is a fake quote. Lots of x accounts for some reason post fake quotes after games with stuff like this.Roberto Mancini reveals his conversation with Michael Kayode before his Italy debut against Turkey:“You know, before the game I spoke to Michael because sometimes with a young player making his debut, you have to calm him down.I told him, ‘Michael, don’t try to prove everything tonight. You’re a right-back. Defend well, give the ball to the midfielders and enjoy your first game.’He said, ‘Okay, mister.’Twenty-seven minutes later we are 3-0 up and my right-back is sliding on his knees celebrating a goal.So when he came towards the bench I asked him, ‘Which part of our conversation did you understand?’He said, ‘The part where you told me to enjoy myself.’What can I say?We lost against Belgium, I changed almost the entire team, started two brothers together, gave a 22-year-old his debut and somehow after 27 minutes we looked like Italy again.Sometimes as a coach you spend days looking for answers.Sometimes you accidentally put them in the starting eleven.”
For my generation, Alan Hawley. ( rip)Javi Venta fan club are up in arms
I thought Shaggy said, I think it was the old lighthouse keeper....?!In the words of Shaggy, It wasn't me.
Quite the opposite.
Looks like it comes from a fiction/satire account (that’s clearly labelled as that).Think this is a fake quote. Lots of x accounts for some reason post fake quotes after games with stuff like this.
I didn’t say it was??
There was a poster whose handle was something about John Halls
I want a refundYou’ve been had. I got it cheaper.