As someone who covers both Scunthorpe and Boston with their job there is NOTHING local about that, “they’re in the same county” it’s the second biggest one after Yorks, about a 1/6th of England!!
Also there’s a degree of hypocrisy in us crying about players not being selected, moaning when they don’t make the starting 11, or come on from the bench, and then chucking toys out when they get injured, which could happen in any game or...
Agree, but Griffin Park in 60s/70s/80s wasn’t, I bought my first (and until 8 years ago, only) house in Brentford in the mid 90s, was still affordable then, an oasis of achievable property owning surrounded by Kew/Chiswick/Richmond/Ealing...
Most football grounds, bar a few exception are in fairly shabby areas given footballs working class roots, still much rather have that than a retail park, but anyway Brum is criminally underrated for a drink, city centre has a lot going for it...
🎵 all around me are familiar faces, working out places, Danish first names, Danish first names…
And I find it kinda funny, I find it kinda sad
The dreams in which I'm playing are the best I've ever had
I find it hard to tell you, I find it hard...
Had a look at his LinkedIn page, he’d commented on this video which if it’s not in another thread already might be of interest.
View: https://youtu.be/7G9JwBJiRtw
Oldham FA Cup 3rd round 1985, had just turned 16 and first away day without any parental supervision with mates, usually had someone’s dad knocking around on the margins.
Can’t remember if it was an actual special or just a train with loads of...
We didn’t sell Holdsworth mid season and he was never going to stay.
Possibly DJ is a better comparison and we HAD to sell him to keep the Wolf from the door.
We don’t keep unhappy players or depreciating assets, and we’ve learned (at...
It’s an old trick of bellsniffs like this plum and Jennings to wail about “proper clubs” not being in the prem whilst the likes of Wednesday, Charlton, Blackburn etc languish elsewhere at the expense of us, Brighton etc.
You can bet your life...
It’s had a lot of work done since we were last there, for one thing Clive Sullivan Way, the A63 and effectively the other end of the M62 is free of roadworks for the first time in my living memory of being in the North (20 years)
There was a...