Mamadou Sangaré (9 Viewers)

Mamadou Sangaré

Why is he going to be inconsistent but the others weren't because they cost less? It doesn't make any sense.
My entire point is that we shouldn't expect perfection and total consistency just because of the fee we've paid.
Case in point: Dango cost even more (reportedly) than Sangare and lacked consistency in his first season also.

You already said (and I agree) that Dango was treated harshly by certain fans last season? I guess I'm urging people not to get carried away, and to be more patient with Sangare than they were with Dango if he has poor debut or a mixed first season.

Nothing to do with those other players you mentioned really, you brought them up not me. Different category of signing as they had lower transfer fees (and expectations) in the main. But it does underline my point that the transfer fee paid for a player is not always the strongest indicator for the impact they have over a given period (e.g short/medium/long term).
 

Mamadou Sangaré

My entire point is that we shouldn't expect perfection and total consistency just because of the fee we've paid.
Case in point: Dango cost even more (reportedly) than Sangare and lacked consistency in his first season also.

You already said (and I agree) that Dango was treated harshly by certain fans last season? I guess I'm urging people not to get carried away, and to be more patient with Sangare than they were with Dango if he has poor debut or a mixed first season.

Nothing to do with those other players you mentioned really, you brought them up not me. Different category of signing as they had lower transfer fees (and expectations) in the main. But it does underline my point that the transfer fee paid for a player is not always the strongest indicator for the impact they have over a given period (e.g short/medium/long term).
The official website says this is a club record fee.
 

Mamadou Sangaré

My entire point is that we shouldn't expect perfection and total consistency just because of the fee we've paid.
Case in point: Dango cost even more (reportedly) than Sangare and lacked consistency in his first season also.

You already said (and I agree) that Dango was treated harshly by certain fans last season? I guess I'm urging people not to get carried away, and to be more patient with Sangare than they were with Dango if he has poor debut or a mixed first season.

Nothing to do with those other players you mentioned really, you brought them up not me. Different category of signing as they had lower transfer fees (and expectations) in the main. But it does underline my point that the transfer fee paid for a player is not always the strongest indicator for the impact they have over a given period (e.g short/medium/long term).
I don't expect perfection but the only chance we have getting these kind of players is when they have only had the one good season because we almost certainly wouldn't get him if he performed the same for Lens next season. The strong indication of his ability is his stats (amongst the best in Europe), our recruitment team's diligence, and the many respected commentators who believe he's the real deal. That's enough to keep me excited.
 

Mamadou Sangaré

Proud to join Brentford, the home of the Bees 🐝

A new chapter. A new challenge.

I’m truly excited to discover the Premier League and can’t wait to meet the fans ❤️

I felt something special from the very first moment, and I’m proud to become part of this family.

I can’t wait to give everything for these colours and create unforgettable memories together

Come On You Bees!


View: https://x.com/msangare2002/status/2083617690174832882?s=46&t=SQP7mje7Pimu8X-ugPnQnQ
 

Mamadou Sangaré

I don't expect perfection but the only chance we have getting these kind of players is when they have only had the one good season because we almost certainly wouldn't get him if he performed the same for Lens next season. The strong indication of his ability is his stats (amongst the best in Europe), our recruitment team's diligence, and the many respected commentators who believe he's the real deal. That's enough to keep me excited.
Not trying to crush anyone's excitement either! Very confident he will have a great impact here, just less confident on the immediacy and hope everyone is patient as I'm sure the club will be.
 

Mamadou Sangaré

My entire point is that we shouldn't expect perfection and total consistency just because of the fee we've paid.
Case in point: Dango cost even more (reportedly) than Sangare and lacked consistency in his first season also.

You already said (and I agree) that Dango was treated harshly by certain fans last season? I guess I'm urging people not to get carried away, and to be more patient with Sangare than they were with Dango if he has poor debut or a mixed first season.

Nothing to do with those other players you mentioned really, you brought them up not me. Different category of signing as they had lower transfer fees (and expectations) in the main. But it does underline my point that the transfer fee paid for a player is not always the strongest indicator for the impact they have over a given period (e.g short/medium/long term).

Surely a stronger point would be that Dango joined us with 80 Premier League games under his belt so we might have expected more. That said I thought Dango had a good season anyway.
 

Mamadou Sangaré

That said I thought Dango had a good season anyway.
Agreed and as per PG in the 2025 summer window, Dango was thought to be possibly a couple of years behind where Bryan was. No judgments on Dango until the end of 26/27.
 

Mamadou Sangaré

20 years ago we had Coca Cola spotting us £50k to sign a striker, our midfielder from the French leagues was Thomas Pinault and we were about to be managed into relegation to League 2 by a Rosenior...

Today we're dropping £40m+ on Ligue 1's breakout player last season after being close to signing that of the Bundesliga, sending our cast offs to Chelsea on a free having finished above them last season (with the help of a Rosenior) and have a coaching staff I wouldn't swap for any other in our league... the Premier League!

Life comes at you fast, Bees.
THIS
 

Mamadou Sangaré

I would like to humbly suggest the opening verse of Bohemian Rhapsody as his song....

Mama, just killed a man
Put a gun against his head, pulled my trigger, now he's dead
Mama, life had just begun
But now I've gone and thrown it all away
Mama, oohoooohhhhh, didn't mean to make you cry
If I'm not back again this time tomorrow
Carry on, carry on... as if nothing really matters

If we really want to smash it, we double down:

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality
Open your eyes, look up to the skies and see
I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy
Because I'm easy come, easy go
Little high, little low
Any way the wind blows doesn't really matter to me, to meeeeee

Mama, just killed a man
Put a gun against his head, pulled my trigger, now he's dead
Mama, life had just begun
But now I've gone and thrown it all away
Mama, oohoooohhhhh, didn't mean to make you cry
If I'm not back again this time tomorrow
Carry on, carry on... as if nothing really matters

(Maybe we could fix the gun bit).
 

Mamadou Sangaré

With Sangare from Mali , pretty sure this time next week you’ll be hearing this in Rennes on repeat
 

Mamadou Sangaré

My birthday today and I have had the most wonderful day, now this. Can this day get any better !!
 

Mamadou Sangaré

I would like to humbly suggest the opening verse of Bohemian Rhapsody as his song....

Mama, just killed a man
Put a gun against his head, pulled my trigger, now he's dead
Mama, life had just begun
But now I've gone and thrown it all away
Mama, oohoooohhhhh, didn't mean to make you cry
If I'm not back again this time tomorrow
Carry on, carry on... as if nothing really matters

If we really want to smash it, we double down:

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality
Open your eyes, look up to the skies and see
I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy
Because I'm easy come, easy go
Little high, little low
Any way the wind blows doesn't really matter to me, to meeeeee

Mama, just killed a man
Put a gun against his head, pulled my trigger, now he's dead
Mama, life had just begun
But now I've gone and thrown it all away
Mama, oohoooohhhhh, didn't mean to make you cry
If I'm not back again this time tomorrow
Carry on, carry on... as if nothing really matters

(Maybe we could fix the gun bit).
I would like to humbly denounce this absurd suggestion
 

Mamadou Sangaré

Welcome Mamadou!

Nice little kora soundtrack on the social video... :love:
I’ve just got back to my hotel from a classic Ibiza gig in Norfolk. One of the best tunes they did was Yeke Yeke by Mory Kante. Absolute monster of a track. I wonder if we can adapt it for Sangare. 😁
 

Mamadou Sangaré

I’ve just got back to my hotel from a classic Ibiza gig in Norfolk. One of the best tunes they did was Yeke Yeke by Mory Kante. Absolute monster of a track. I wonder if we can adapt it for Sangare. 😁
I suggested that track on Twitter for Frank The Tank, but just like my Beach Boys - Barbara-Ann suggestion for Yoann Barbet it fell on stony ground

“True genius is never understood in its own time”
 

Mamadou Sangaré

I would like to humbly suggest the opening verse of Bohemian Rhapsody as his song....

Mama, just killed a man
Put a gun against his head, pulled my trigger, now he's dead
Mama, life had just begun
But now I've gone and thrown it all away
Mama, oohoooohhhhh, didn't mean to make you cry
If I'm not back again this time tomorrow
Carry on, carry on... as if nothing really matters

If we really want to smash it, we double down:

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality
Open your eyes, look up to the skies and see
I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy
Because I'm easy come, easy go
Little high, little low
Any way the wind blows doesn't really matter to me, to meeeeee

Mama, just killed a man
Put a gun against his head, pulled my trigger, now he's dead
Mama, life had just begun
But now I've gone and thrown it all away
Mama, oohoooohhhhh, didn't mean to make you cry
If I'm not back again this time tomorrow
Carry on, carry on... as if nothing really matters

(Maybe we could fix the gun bit).
Not for the first time this week I have no idea what you are talking about - nobody is singing Bohemian Rhapsody at a football match, honestly.
 

Mamadou Sangaré

Not for the first time this week I have no idea what you are talking about - nobody is singing Bohemian Rhapsody at a football match, honestly.

Actually Sydney FC fans do at the end of some home games…it’s pretty hardwork but the young lads seem to enjoy it!
 

Mamadou Sangaré

Did Sangare and Schuster play together in Austria at Salzburg or when on loan?
 

Mamadou Sangaré

I suggested that track on Twitter for Frank The Tank, but just like my Beach Boys - Barbara-Ann suggestion for Yoann Barbet it fell on stony ground

“True genius is never understood in its own time”
I tried to suggest that one for Barbet as well. 🤷🏽‍♀️
 

Mamadou Sangaré

I’ve just got back to my hotel from a classic Ibiza gig in Norfolk. One of the best tunes they did was Yeke Yeke by Mory Kante. Absolute monster of a track. I wonder if we can adapt it for Sangare. 😁
It’s an absolute banger, but (as @Chorlton Bee points out) we missed a trick with Frank Onyeka…
 

Mamadou Sangaré

This guy looks so exciting. He is the key to unlocking our incredibly quick forward line. We are going to be deadly with our runners and Sangaré's strength and attacking passing range. Cannot wait to see this team come alive this season. What a prospect, Bring it on!!!
 

Mamadou Sangaré

This guy looks so exciting. He is the key to unlocking our incredibly quick forward line. We are going to be deadly with our runners and Sangaré's strength and attacking passing range. Cannot wait to see this team come alive this season. What a prospect, Bring it on!!!
Finally! A post that doesn't mention a bloody song! Thanks, HMDBFC.
 
Back
Top Bottom