You’re looking at this in cash terms, which is very sensible, but in terms of “profit”, vital for FFP/europe, you’re ignoring that there has already been 2 years of amortisation on the original purchase. So that £30m is no longer £30m in books but £18m, assuming amortised over 5 years, which I think is the max allowed.3. The sales fee has to be very high to make it work and profit be worthwhile. Everyone focuses on the sales price but it the net profit that’s the key thing. We have to net enough profit after what we paid and sell on fee to make it worthwhile to replace our star striker. AND the practicalities and risk of sorting a replacement at that level. A very good replacement will cost an awful lot.
Numbers wise, surely it has to be £100m plus surely to make Phil say yes?
If we took £80m....
£80m less £30m paid
Less sell on clause of 10% conservatively, less another £8m
So we've cleared about £40 after al that other costs...
£40m might get you a good player but not a top level PL ready one of his level.
So at that level doesn't feel it sets us up well.
And I’m not sure who would pay £100m after one full PL season.
Breathe it in, a Brentford player in the Brazilian starting XIHe still starts!
Commentary running about half a minute behind the pictures for meIts on itv x.
Go to live options and scroll down to ITV Sport.Cant see it listed on ITVX...
It is on live listings on the ITV Sport channel n ITVXCant see it listed on ITVX...
Yeah - it's weird innitCommentary running about half a minute behind the pictures for me![]()
Try looking at the live TV listing and it was an option in there when I tuned in.Cant see it listed on ITVX...
Where lolFound it.
Thanks all for help.
Once you're on itvX it should come up straight away under "top picks" but if it doesn't click on the LIVE category which is located in the middle of your screen right at the top. It should then be right thereWhere lol
Can’t find it
Look in the live TV listing on itv x. It's then an option in there (it was a picture icon thingy when I found it).Where lol
Can’t find it
on EE it’s not an optionLook in the live TV listing on itv x. It's then an option in there (it was a picture icon thingy when I found it).
It’ss shame he didn’t take his chances as he seemed to be in the preferred XI ahead of Cunha and Endrick
He signed a new contract so the amortisation schedule would have also changedYou’re looking at this in cash terms, which is very sensible, but in terms of “profit”, vital for FFP/europe, you’re ignoring that there has already been 2 years of amortisation on the original purchase. So that £30m is no longer £30m in books but £18m, assuming amortised over 5 years, which I think is the max allowed.
I noticed that as well, very one sided.One other thing on last night's game.
The co-commentator seemed to be absolutely ripping IT's performance to shreds!! Taking every opportunity to criticise, even when he got a decent shot away from a tight angle that the keeper made a good save from!!!
I'm sure it was the same woman who never seems to have a good word to say about us when she covers our games on Sky on a Saturday afternoon??
I think he'll be here for one more year minimum and hopefully 2 or 3 more. But here's my reasons for why he wont leave just yet.
1. Loyalty - yes this concept isnt what it should be in the modern game, but for Thiago I think he is loyal, anyone can see how much he is enjoying the journey, the fans and the support. We’ve supported him incredibly well, that whole first year showed him that.
Heard someone mention she has Fulham linksOne other thing on last night's game.
The co-commentator seemed to be absolutely ripping IT's performance to shreds!! Taking every opportunity to criticise, even when he got a decent shot away from a tight angle that the keeper made a good save from!!!
I'm sure it was the same woman who never seems to have a good word to say about us when she covers our games on Sky on a Saturday afternoon??
I asked good old copilot whether the match was on tv and it suggested an app called WTM (when’s the match)Is the game on ITV?
Yes, but to be clear that is a TV guide not a service to watch things.I asked good old copilot whether the match was on tv and it suggested an app called WTM (when’s the match)
Might be worth a look?
I downloaded it and seems to cover everything everywhere.
I could be wrong, but it maybe isn't looking too good for IT if Ancelotti's post-match comments are anything to go by:
And Endrick's goal wont have helped IT's case.....
I always thought Thiago was taken as "Plan B" or "plan c" - maybe againat more physical teamsI could be wrong, but it maybe isn't looking too good for IT if Ancelotti's post-match comments are anything to go by:
"I have decided the starting line-up to play against Morocco.
"I came away from this game with more certainty than doubts.
"It was a very good game for us."
And Ancelotti has hinted he could hand a key role to Lyon ace Endrick, who scored the winner.
He said: "He's very powerful and is always in the right place in the penalty box.
"And while Matheus Cunha maybe doesn't finish like Endrick, he's very important for building the game too."
Brazil suffer major injury blow ahead of World Cup but Ancelotti knows starting XI
She was awful. Literally drooling when "Vini" touched the ball, but had nothing but scorn for IT. Her input was not good, where do they dig these people up? For what its worth, Thiago wasn't great, but wasn't terrible either. Brazil in general looked poor, the defense was awful for most of the game.One other thing on last night's game.
The co-commentator seemed to be absolutely ripping IT's performance to shreds!! Taking every opportunity to criticise, even when he got a decent shot away from a tight angle that the keeper made a good save from!!!
I'm sure it was the same woman who never seems to have a good word to say about us when she covers our games on Sky on a Saturday afternoon??